The file type that you wish to export from E-Business Suite must be associated with the browser. If the file type is not associated, the Window will not open or will briefly open and then close immediately. This may occur for example, when using 'File -> Export' to an excel spreadsheet or when opening an attachment from E-Business Suite.
To fix this issue, using the 'Trusted Sites' zone as an example, (which is recommended for running Oracle E-Business Suite through);
- Select 'Tools' -> 'Internet Options' -> 'Security' (tab) -> 'Trusted Sites' -> 'Custom Level' (button) -> 'Downloads' from the browser menu.
- Set 'Automatic prompting for file downloads' to 'Enable'.
- Save the setting and close the browser window.
- Start a new browser session and login to Oracle E-Business Suite.
- This time, when trying to open the attachment or export data you should see a pop up windows titled 'File Download'.
- Uncheck the checkbox labelled, 'Always ask before opening this type of file' and click the 'open' button.
- The file should now display correctly.
- After this has been done, the file extension type is registered and you may set the 'Automatic prompting for file downloads' back to 'disable', accessing such files in future will now work correctly with that setting.