Internet Explorer 8 have not been allowed users to logon to the same Oracle E-Business Suite environment concurrently from the same desktop. The Session Merging feature in IE8 prevents this functionality by default when using servlet mode to connect to the application. This functionality causes the same sessionid to be used when accessing the same environment even if using a new browser window.
To retain multiple sessions functionality please use one of the following methods;
- Open a new explorer window using its own session cookie by selecting 'File -> New Session' from an existing browser window.
- Run from the command line adding the -nomerge parameter i.e. Start -> Run -> iexplore -nomerge
- Create a new IE8 icon adding the -nomerge parameter i.e.
- i. Start -> Program Files
- ii. Right click on the Internet Explorer icon and select Properties
- iii. Add -nomerge to the end of the link in the Target field i.e.
- "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nomerge
- iv. Click the OK button to close the window
- v. This icon may then be copied to the desktop if desired.