In R12, there are new features/functionalities introduced in User management (UMX), and one of the best functionality is Proxy User.
- This functionality provides the delegator the ability to grant/revoke the proxy privilege to individuals.
- Provide a mechanism throughout the application’s framework where the user can access the proxy switcher feature
- Provide a mechanism throughout the application’s framework which indicates to the user that they are acting as a proxy
- Provide the ability to track the delegate’s actions within the system, while the delegate is acting on behalf of the delegator (Audit).
- Provide a mechanism throughout the application’s framework where the user can access the proxy switcher feature.
How this functionality is working in R12
Assume that one user (OPERATIONS) going on vacation and need to delegate responsibilities to perform transactions on behalf of the user (OPERATIONS) to another user (AJIKUMAR) in Vision R12 Instance.
The following steps are involved to perform this task
- Connect to instance as SYSADMIN and switch responsibility as “User Management” and open “Users” form.
- Search for “Operations” user
- Login as “OPERATIONS” user
- Add user as Manage Proxy using Preference -> Manage Proxies -> Add People
- This will allow adding the usernames of those users that wish to perform action on behalf of OPERATIONS user. Now add username (AJIKUMAR) that wish to assume operations user responsibilities.
- Now login as AJIKUMAR
- Note the new options “Switch user” and “Return to Self” available
- If you want to perform any transactions on behalf of “Operations”, simply click the “Switch user” menu.
- Now you are in the Operations User Responsibilities page and the message at the top is that “Logged as AJIKUMAR Proxy for OPERATION”