Tuesday 30 November 2010

OBIEE 11g Linux - But required Admin Tool on Windows, How to solve?

After successful intallation of OBIEE 11g on linux box, I am thinking about Admin tool.exe on my laptop, but required Windows box to run that. As a work around, did a fresh installation of OBIEE 11g software again on my local Windows XP machine. After than I have copied the admin tool.exe along 'server' folder from C:\[OBIEE_PATH]\bifoundation

As a first step, I have created same directory structure OBIEE 11g installation path of local machine to my laptop and then copied all the files.
Next step, i have created a cmd file for register all the DLL files from C:\[OBIEE_PATH]\bifoundation\bin directory with regsvr32 /s option. This will help to register all these DLLs in single a command. (If anybody required this information, don't hesitate to leave your request with valid email id)

After that from my local machine, exported two registry entries.
1. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers]
2. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\Oracle BI Server 11g_OH741068320]

I have made some changes to the first reg exported file, because its required only Oracle BI Server entry info. So that removed unnecessary lines from first reg exported file. And its look like

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers]
"Oracle BI Server 11g_OH741068320"="Installed"

After that added these entries to my laptop using

regedit /s [exported file name]

Finally created one ODBC Connection to laptop pointing to the Linux box DB. Now I can able to open my RPD file in offline as well as online

Cheers!!!
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: