1. Ensure you are logged in as a user with Local Administrative privileges.
2. Stop all Oracle services related to the ORACLE_HOME (if any are running):
- Right click (My) Computer > Manage > Services and Applications OR Configuration > Services.
- Check the Path to Executable field in the Service's Properties if you are unsure from which ORACLE_HOME the service is running.
- Close the Services and/or Computer Management window.
4. Remove the ORACLE_HOME from the OUI inventory:
%ORACLE_HOME%\OUI\BIN\oui -detachHome ORACLE_HOME=%ORACLE_HOME%
5. Remove entries in the registry:
- Start the registry editor: choose Start > Run > regedit.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\KEY_<
ORACLE_HOME> and delete that entry.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC. Expand all subkeys and remove the key: "Oracle in
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services. Delete the keys where the name starts with Oracle and has an ImagePath string entry to the ORACLE_HOME to be deleted or a location under it.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ocfs and delete that entry.
- Close regedit.
- Right click on (My) Computer > Properties > Advanced tab OR Advanced System Settings link > Environment Variables button.
- Under System Variables section, review all variables for any reference to the deleted ORACLE_HOME. Edit by removing the ORACLE_HOME from the string value (such as removing the home from PATH statement) or by deleting the entire variable. Common examples are CLASSPATH, ORACLE_HOME, PATH, and PERL5LIB.
- Click OK to save and exit System Properties.
- Right click on the Start button and choose Explore All Users.
- Expand Programs folder.
- Delete the folder Oracle -<
ORACLE_HOME> and any subfolder.
9. Reboot the Windows server.
10. Go to the TEMP/TMP directory and delete all files and directories.
11. Go to the ORACLE_HOME location and verify all folders/files have been removed.
12. Empty the Recycle Bin to clear all files.
13. If you are deinstalling an ORACLE_HOME in a clustered environment (ASM or DB), you will need to check the above steps on all nodes of the cluster.
14. If you are deinstalling an Oracle Clusterware Home (CRS_HOME), you will also need to do the following:
On all nodes, delete the clusterware drivers in the Windows drivers folder, usually C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers:
Empty the Recycle Bin on all nodes.