Two different Oracle Application Server (OracleAS) 10g releases, in separate ORACLE_HOMEs, are used in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12. This enables Oracle E-Business Suite to take advantage of the latest Oracle technologies as illustrates in picture, the functional usage of the two Oracle Application Server
Oracle applications R12 having the features of this architecture include:
• The latest version of Oracle Containers for Java (OC4J), the successor to JServ, is included in Oracle Application Server 10.1.3.
• All major services are started out of the OracleAS 10.1.3 ORACLE_HOME.
• The Oracle E-Business Suite modules (packaged in the file formsapp.ear) are deployed into the OC4J-Forms instance running out of the OracleAS 10.1.3
ORACLE_HOME, while the frmweb executable is invoked out of the OracleAS 10.1.2 ORACLE_HOME.
This picture will show the relationship of the two Application Server ORACLE_HOMEs and the database ORACLE_HOME.
Advantage of this high-level architecture include:
• The Oracle Application Server 10.1.2 ORACLE_HOME (sometimes referred to as the Tools, C, or Developer ORACLE_HOME) replaces the 8.0.6 ORACLE_HOME provided by Oracle9i Application Server 220.127.116.11.2 in Release 11i.
• The Oracle Application Server 10.1.3 ORACLE_HOME (sometimes referred to as the Web or Java ORACLE_HOME) replaces the 8.1.7-based ORACLE_HOME provided by Oracle9i Application Server 18.104.22.168.2 in Release 11i.